Dessert is the sweet dish that’s served at the end of the meal. It can be a sweet food such as confections or possibly a beverage like sweet wine or liqueur. Many are regarded as the most important part of the meal because we all know, ‘all’s well that ends well’.
Popular Dessert Ideas
The word dessert is derived from the French word desservir which means to “clear the table”. Desserts either add to the enjoyments or leave a lasting impact on the minds of the guests. It is for this reason chefs often impress high-profile guests with the perfect dessert.
Adding items that are trending might be cool but remember the traditional recipes can never go wrong. The few popular items that guests love seeing on the table are
1. Chocolate coconut dessert: an element of chocolate is what people like having had a scrumptious dinner or lunch. It’s age-old comfort food and everyone loves it.
2. Ice creams/Smoothies: Ice cream is another perennial dessert item. It is a creamy and light recipe that can be experimented with. Various items like nuts, choco chips, etc can be added to enhance the flavor. And last but not least
3. A piece of Cake: Cake is another traditional dessert that can never be had enough of! Baking is an art and a perfect slice is enough to make people delighted.
Getting the Dessert Right!
Deciding the dessert menu is the most difficult part, but here are few tips that might ease it for you:
- Offer A Variety:
Variety is the taste of life and we like variety in food for sure! So there is nothing called too much dessert. Serving a variety of delicious food is what adds colors to your preparations and makes the dinner memorable.
- Setting Different Quantities:
Some people prefer a light and fluffy dessert after a heavy meal and thus might opt for small servings. Regular or a large-sized dessert can work very well for people with a sweet tooth.
- Innovative Dessert:
Traditional desserts work best any day. What everyone truly appreciates is a well thought innovative and creative dessert item. It reflects the thought put into it and the hard work. It can never go wrong with innovative dessert menus. The dazzling designs, exotic fruits, dainty design, and various colors impress and astonish.
Sweet items served in the dessert are soft, creamy, and smooth be it a chocolate cake or mousse it’s always smooth. A soft and warm creamy-textured dessert is often sought after by diners.
- Dessert Beverages and Wine:
The top five types of dessert wines are:1. Sparkling 2. Sweet Wine 3. Richly Sweet Wine 4. Sweet Red Wine 5. Fortified wine. It’s a little tricky to pick the perfect dessert wine. What is often suggested by professionals is that you should pick a wine that’s sweeter than your regular dessert.
A dessert completes the meal and adds dazzle to it all.