Blueberries and lemons are a perfect combination, especially when it comes to desserts. These two fruits have a way of making anything they’re added to taste better. In this recipe for blueberry and lemon cheesecake, the tartness from the lemon balances out the sweetness from the blueberries so that you get just enough flavor from both ingredients without tasting too much like either one. The crust is also made with ground almonds which give it additional texture and flavor without being too sweet or overwhelming.
First recipe of Blueberry And Lemon Cheesecake
1 cup ground almonds
2 tbsp sugar
zest of 2 lemons
8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 cups blueberries, plus more for topping
750g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup honey
4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line the base of a 9-inch springform cake tin with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, sugar, and lemon zest. Add in the melted butter and mix until well combined. Pour this mixture into the prepared cake tin and press down evenly. Bake for 15 minutes then set aside to cool.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
4. In a food processor, blend the blueberries until they are broken down but still have some texture.
5. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, honey, and eggs until smooth. Add in the blueberry puree and mix until well combined. Pour this mixture over the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for a further 45-50 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but still has a slight wobble in the center.
6. Allow cooling completely before topping with fresh blueberries if desired. Serve chilled.
Second recipe of Blueberry And Lemon Cheesecake
1 cup blueberries, divided
1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1. preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease the sides of 3 9-inch round baking pan with vegetable shortening. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup sugar, the cornstarch, and lemon peel. Gradually stir in 1/4 cup blueberry juice. Heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Beat in sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of the cornstarch mixture over batter in each pan. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the mixtures together. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. In a small saucepan, bring the remaining blueberry juice to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in sugar; cool.
6. Just before serving, spoon blueberry sauce over cheesecakes. Garnish with fresh blueberries if desired. Makes 50 servings, about 3 cakes per person.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading about the different blueberry and lemon cheesecake recipes we’ve shared with you today. Let us know which of these delicious desserts are your favorite in the comments below, or share any other recipe suggestions for our readers!