Cherry Cream Pie With Graham Cracker Crust is a recipe for the perfect Christmas dessert. It’s simple, quick, and easy to make! You can even use store-bought ingredients if you’re in a pinch. This recipe makes one pie, but feel free to double or triple it as needed.
First method to make Cherry Cream Pie With Graham Cracker Crust
For this season of love and giving, we’ll share a recipe for making the best cherry cream pie with graham cracker crust. This dessert is easy to make and will be loved by all who try it!
Start by adding 1 cup of finely crushed graham crackers (or gingersnaps) and 3 tablespoons of melted butter into a small bowl and mix together with your fingers until fully combined. Then press this mixture down firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of an 8″ pie dish, making sure that there are no gaps between the crumbs on the top edge so that it forms a tight seal with no leaks when baking (it helps if you put the crust in the freezer for about 10 minutes before baking to set it properly). Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes, then allow cooling.
Next, add 3/4 cup of cherry juice (or water) into a saucepan and bring this to a gentle boil at medium heat. Add 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin (about 2 teaspoons of powder), stirring constantly until fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups of heavy cream into the mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture over the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Before serving, top the cherry cream pie with 1-2 cups of cherries (fresh or frozen) that have been thawed and drained. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Second method to make Cherry Cream Pie With Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
1. Preheat oven 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch pie-dish with butter. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until crumbs are moistened. Press mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie-dish to form a crust.
2. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven or until set. Cool for 20 minutes or until completely cooled before filling with cream cheese mixture
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract just until combined; do not overmix
4. Pour into prepared graham cracker crust and bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until center is almost set when pan is jiggled (center should be slightly wobbly).
5. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes on wire rack, then spread cherry pie filling over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
This Cherry Cream Pie With Graham Cracker Crust is the perfect dessert to bring to any Christmas party! The graham cracker crust is delicious and the cherry pie filling is the perfect finishing touch. This pie is sure to be a hit with everyone! Enjoy!